Thursday, July 07, 2005

UGLY

That's what my client said.

Ugly.

They said they all liked the 1st design. All but 1 bitch. Who said its laid back. When asked what kinda feel they want, they said "FUN" and "SUN". Wow...this is so helpful. Just 2 words and you expect me to know what you want? I tried again and again, looking for a different interpretation of "FUN" and "SUN". And none was to their liking.

And whats worst is they had an event recently, and it was a flop. Whatever that event company is, they sure made things really difficult for us. My boss brags alot and they once mentioned to me that he is "dua pao xian" (a.k.a cannon/brag alot) and because of the very dissappointing poster design, they are doubting what we said we are.

"They call themselves a creative house, but so far the poster designs are so UGLY."

You know, I can't stop thinking about it and at one point, I cried. UGLY is such a big, mean word. And they used it on my work. Designs I spent so much time working on, and with one word they condemn my creations totally. I'm really hurt. I liked all my works, even though some are not really that nice. And that big mean word trashed my ego.

"Maybe I'm really not good enough."
"Am I that lousy?"
"That bad?"


I took very long to get myself working on it again. I still don't have an idea about what they like, other then 2 more words. "Summer Aloha". My collegue told me she liked my other designs and its not my fault that they din like 'em, they didn't specify in the first place.

I'm feeling better now, although I'm still really scared tht they'll reject my designs AGAIN.

Thanks to Aisyah, who's such a sweety, providing me with such valuable info and for believing in me. "You can do it! You can do it!"
I kept telling myself that too.

Thanks to Francis for this sms, which really perked me up for awhile.
"Dun worry abt them. All nonsense ppl. Wasting our time. Dun let this disrupt you. Ur designs are good."
Nothing feels better then having your boss's assurance.

Thanks to Agna, for being so concern and that extra packet of ciggies.

Thanks to the girls, cause you all distracted me from my pathetic thoughts.

I will not let this put me down. Ugly you say? Then I'll just have to try harder.

No comments: