Monday, February 13, 2006

Anger Management

"Anger is just like picking up a hot piece of charcoal and throwing it at the person you're unhappy with. The only one that gets burn, is yourself."
- Buddha -

When you say things in the fit of anger, most of the time you'll regret your actions later, and you wonder, why did you say the things you did. I figured, the best way to handle anger, is to keep my mouth shut.

Sometimes, the anger is so intense, it makes me cry and I normally feel better after that. When I've cooled down, its always good to think back about why I got so angry and then sometimes, when you feel noble enough, stand in the other person's shoes and think, mayb you would have done the same things too.

Take deep breathes when you feel really frustrated. Each time you inhale, think "I am okie." then exhale, "I'm feeling better." Yes, I talk to myself but it works. Because when a person is angry, they normally think of more ways to hurt the other person then to solve the problem. So talking to yourself, helps you to cool down and keeps you clear headed.

Get a stress ball or a soft toy if you have to. Squeeze it! Trash it! Throw it! Just vent it out on the lil thing. It may seem like you're crazy but it's better then screaming your lungs out at someone. When you have none of those, find paper. I tear paper when I'm angry.

Another way, is to imagine the person you're really unhappy with doing really silly things like hoping around in a banana suit. Laugh it off. But keep this to yourself. Don't go laughing at them in their face. It'll make the situation worst.

There's no real reason for this post, its just a list I wanna remind myself, that the next time I'm pissed with someone, there's a better way to handle the situation then to get angry.

Happy or not life goes on, why not happy?

(Btw...I'm not angry with anyone, its a entry I long wanted to post, but din really have the time to blog about it.) (^_^)

No comments: