Tuesday, May 10, 2005

back again

It was a very hot morning. I was on a busy street. There were lots of people doing their morning shoping. A very familiar scene. Where am I? Ice cream palours, Soft drink bottles, that smell....that familiar smell.

Jasmine.

I turned around and saw the stall by the road. Where this lady sells jasmine all bind up with a string. I would buy them and put it in my room.

There were cows in the streets. Auto cars trying to outrun each other. We use to offer to pay the uncle more just so that they would drive faster. Trisno always cheats! That's y he alway wins.

I followed the familiar road back, and I saw the same family we walk pass everyday. They remember us. We gave them our clothes before we left. Their kids still healthy and active. What a relief.

Nearer and nearer.

Pentamedia grapics...Here I am. Sukla, Ghopi, Murthi, Deepha...I can't believe this but I'm here again. Standing in the midst of Kalambakam. How I miss this place. I went back to our home. My home. My room...That's my table, my closet, my bed and my fan. Then there's milky and coffee and tea...they've all grown so big now, no longer the lil puppys we left behind.

Then I saw the steps. The steps I sit on everyday before and after work. That same old place where the stars are brighter than any other places in the world. Trisno would be strumming his guitar, singing his old songs. Other times, Jit, Senthil, Haz, Zulrina, Weiting, Lina, Joel and I would play the stupid polar bear game...

Then I felt a kick in my leg. Its my sister trying to wake me up. I realise it was all a dream. I would if I can. I wanna go back to India.

It was a really really wonderful dream. I really din wanna wake up from it. I have no idea y I dreamt about Kalambakam. I mean its been kinda long. Plus it has not crossed my mind in a very very long time. Suddenly its back in my head. These memories....


a picture taken at Mahabalipurum (I seriously dunnoe how to spell)

Well....back to reality!

I'll be heading to Redang this June! Whooohooo!!! Im so looking forward to it! Its gonna be soooo damn good! See...Yao and I have been planning for a simple getaway, so that we can go enjoy ourselves before he is enlisted. Our initial plan was to go to Tioman. I was expecting something more relaxing actually. But the ppl at the tour agency kept telling us how beautiful Redang is. So...Redang it is. 6 Snokelling trips! I am so looking forward to this!

No comments: