Thursday, September 01, 2005

Giving Birth...

Okie, dun mock my 5 lines post okie?! I know I haven't been updating. I'm trying to trace back recent events tht are worth mentioning. Hmmm....My boss's wife gave birth last thursday. To a healthy lil girl, Amelia. She have chubby cheeks and just looking at her sleep makes me feel like having one of my own!

BUT...I had this conversation with Agnes(Boss's wife) about her giving birth, and it does sounds scary. Amelia is her 3rd child. And to her, this time round was the easiest. According to her, you'll have contractions before you give birth. I didn't know what contraction is, so she elaborated. Contractions means BAD BAD stomach cramps. At the same time, your vigina will start to open up. Some people might be faster, some can be longer. She took 15 hours. Because the vigina have to be at least 10 cm to be able to give birth. OUCH.

Yes I had second thoughts about giving birth. But still, every woman have to go through this in life and its such an amazing thing to hold your own flesh and blood in your own arms!

Then Agnes's face started to cramp up and she looks like she's in some terrible pain. When she start to feel better, I asked her what's wrong and she said, its contractions. Contractions will continue for quite some time after you give birth. OMG. And for 1 whole month, you cannot go out, and cannot eat alot of things.

I dun wanna turn you off with this giving birth thing, but its best that people plan carefully before deciding on having a baby. Especially woman, unless you can tell yourself,
Yes, I can handle 9 months of pregnancy,
Yes, I can endure the pain when giving birth,
Yes, I can endure whatever comes after giving birth
and last but not least,
Yes, I will accept my kid no matter how IRRITATING he/she grows up to be.
Then okie, you're all set to go. If not please think twice.

Natural Birth takes not more then 3 days to recover normally, but cesarean takes ard a week (I think, longer then natural la). But the disadvantage is natural birth will stretch ur virgina by a lil, but cesarean won't.

No comments: