Today's been a fufilling day. Took leave yesterday, and spent some time with Aisyah. Didn't do much, but had my much wanted rest. Hence, I'm in really good mood today! To add on to my fabulous morning, I got to do what I like, so I'm FREAKING happy now.
Gonna visit my grandma later tonight, to celebrate my 3rd Aunt's birthday. Alot of stuff has been happening in our family, but we stay strong and we move on. I love my family and I love my dad even more now. I saw something in him, I never knew he can be and I feel like he is the most magnanimous person in the whole wide world!
I'm really thankful that my parents are the way they are and I feel really lucky to be their daughter. I've misunderstood my dad in the past and there was even a point where I hated him. It's much later that I realise how naive and ignorant I am, that I stopped hating him. He is very encouraging and he reassure my insecurities all the time. He taught me how to beat my phobia, he taught me how to fend for myself and he taught me how to look at things from the brighter side. As for his sense of humour, sometimes really cannot make it, but I just love him for the way he is.
And my mum, I can say, without her, we really won't have what we have today. She is the one who held the family together during the toughest period of our lives. She's strong, independent, forgiving and she never ever complains. She keeps alot of stuff to herself because she don't want us worry about her. There was once she had such bad gastric that she cannot even walk. Since none of us were contactable(my dad, my sisters and myself). She "crawled" her way to take a cab then admitted herself into the hospital. She had a short stay in the hospital and the day after she got discharged, she tio 4D! hahaha..
There was another incident that I'll remember forever. She was cooking in the kitchen, I went in to chat with her and while we were talking, the frying pan slipped and that very instant, she pushed me away. I fell really hard on the floor and when I finally recovered from the shock, I saw her thigh scaled with hot oil. That patch was almost A5 size and over the next few days, the area swell up to become a huge blister.
Of course, they're no saints and they've made mistakes in their lives too. But the most important thing is to stay strong and move on. Life goes on, no matter how hard things can get. And there are always people who suffer fate much worst then ours, and they too get along with their lives.
I'm just glad the hardest is over, so whatever the future may be, we'll be facing it together, as a family. I'm just freaking lucky to have my Dad, my Mum and my sisters, and I really mean it.
Friday, July 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment