Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I hate PIMPLES!

Finally met up with Rek last night. So happy! Too bad Wendy n Chingy cannot come. Right after my meeting with Rek, we met Raihana (Our Primary school/secondary school friend). And while we were busy wooing and ahhing from the surprise of meeting each other, Raihana saw Sharon (her poly classmate, my ex-collegue frm Rtiz). THAT, was a freaky moment, seems like everyone knows everyone. We (Pris, Rek, Ber and me) had dinner at Sakura then headed down to Paulaner. (again? haha...yah) Lets go out again! Hopefully this time EVERYONE can make it!

Anyway, this morning when I looked into the mirror, I realise I GOT PIMPLE OUTBREAK AH!!!! OMG!!! Actually, come to think about it, its been like tht for quite some time already, I just didn't take the time to take good care of it or take a good look at them. Dunnoe why I notice them today. Its damn disturbing la! I don't feel good at all! Everytime I look into the mirror I feel like screaming, "THAT'S NOT ME!!!"

I was complaning to Ber about them, and she said, "Sleep early. Drink more water. Shit more." Sounds like good advice to me leh! hehee....I went online and found this article on ehow.com, very interesting, good to take note also!

If you awake on the morning of a special day to discover a red pimple on the tip of your nose, all hope is not lost. Here's how to remedy an unwelcome pimple.

Steps:
1. Tempting as it is, don't try to pop the pimple by squeezing, pinching, or picking at it. This will just inflame the pore and spread the oils that caused the pimple.

2. Apply ice to the area for 2 minutes every half hour. This will help shrink the pimple and possibly reduce it to an invisible size.

3. Apply a flesh-tinted acne medication that contains benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or sulfur. Since these medications dry out the skin, apply only to the pimple area.

4. If you'd like, use an oil-free powder to cover up the medicated area and reduce any shine.

5. If the pimple is already coming to a head and it's too late to use the ice treatment, use heat. Wash the area with soap and water. Apply a hot, damp compress to the pimple for 60 seconds. This increases circulation and helps bring the pimple to a head. Remove the compress and apply gentle pressure to drain the pimple; do not squeeze. If the pimple does not drain, reapply heat and try again. Do not force the pimple to drain. Wash the area with soap and water after pimple drains.


Overall Tips:
If you wear makeup and facial moisturizers, choose products that are noncomedogenic (won't cause pore buildup) and nonacnegenic (won't cause acne). Remove all makeup nightly.

Tips from eHow Users:
Tea tree oil
Make sure it's 100% tea tree oil (comes in a small bottle from the health food store). Just clean your skin with a nice and mild facial soap, then apply the tea tree oil directly onto the breakout. Don't be afraid that it's an oil, it is like an astringent, it will even tingle when you apply it to where the sores are. Use it at the first sign of a pimple forming. If you do it at night, you'll wake up amazed. Use it at least twice a day. It's wonderful.

Your good attitude can do a lot to distract anyones puny attention to your zits. Put a smile on your face and a sparkle in your eye. That will last a life time, the zits will heal.


33 tips from eHow users: here!

No comments: