Thursday, October 20, 2005

my bleak bleak future

I did something I thought, I'll never haf the guts to do. I did my research, as usual. Check out its background. And I tot, "hey I found myself a pretty established company to "hop to"."

When I went for the interview, its the same old questions, "Why are you leaving ur present company?"

And I found myself repeating the story I told my current work place when I had to leave my previous one.

Then he answered, "yah...that's very unhealthy. Here we believe in rewarding people for their efforts."

Why do I find that line so familiar.

I dunnoe if its just me, being really unlucky. Or is this how the market is like now? They promise you one thing when they need you to work for them and when it time to realise their promise, you'll have to face all sorts of excuses. Coming out of grown-ups. Its disgusting. Really.

Why should you be loyal to them when they themselves can't even be trusted. I feel bad for doing this but imagine this, the boat is sinking and a buoy comes along. You thought of leaving, but you feel guilty and decided to stay and help scoup water out of the sinking ship. Eventually, a life-boat comes along but can only take 2 person.
Guess what?
You're the one they're gonna leave behind. So why should I stupidly wait for that to happen?

I got a lecture from my dad for feeling sorry for the company. He told me to wake up my idea and get a new job.

This thing has been bugging me since this morning and I just feel really afraid...to take that leap. What did I get myself into? How can I be sure, if I join this company it'll be different? Suddenly I find myself sinking into confusion. And I dunnoe which way to go. I dun wanna waste my time in a place that's gonna lie to me anymore. I dowan to tolerate any of these nonsense anymore. LIARS LIARS!!!! ALL U LIARS!!!!

Guess...I'll never find out, unless I take that leap?

No comments: