Sunday, August 14, 2005

ICE

hmmm....juz thought of sharing this piece of info I heard frm Yao. Due to the recent bombing incidents in London, they have urged their citizens to add the word (ICE) to the name in their phonebook(handphone), that others may contact in case anything happens to them.

ICE = In Case of Emergency

So....*touch wood la* but during such emergencies, people who found you(when you're unable to do anything) can straight-away access your phonebook and dial your closest kin to inform them of what happened to you. UNLESS...of course that bastard is so cheapo that he/she will run away with your handphone la.

He said Singapore might implement this also, I dun know if they already did, but I think its a really good idea. Even if Singapore have not implemented this, I think they should. At least, when things do happen. People around know who to contact(other then ambulance or police).

Recently, I've been reading this book which I find really captivating. I just can't put the book down. GASP! PJ READS!!! un huh...since when do I read? I'm the kind who looks for pictures in thick big books, and comics strips in newspapers. So reading a book filled with text without a single picture? Yeap.

And tht is non other then The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

I borrowed the book frm Francis last week, and have been actively following the events in the book. I was so excited with my new find, that when I saw Amber online, I quickly told her about the fabulous book. Only she replied, "Now then you're reading this book? I got it last year and have read it almost 30 times since."

*Jaw Drops*

okie...I feel like a mountain tortise. hahaha...Still its a really great book, and I have finally finished reading it(for the 1st time)! Next time you all come across any good read, rem to share k?!

No comments: