Monday, November 20, 2006

Up, up and (not quite) away!

Since young, I've always thought that if I wanna run away, I'll fly off in a rainbow coloured hot-air balloon. Not too big, not too small, just enough for my best friend and myself. If possible, my dog Chester too. We'll fly off in the setting sun into a far away land that has no worries....

But tht's just a children's dream. If you ask me now, I'll tell you I wanna take my parents, my sisters, Yao and my cat with me, and I'll probably choose another way of flying, something faster and more comfortable. Must be practical mah, grow up liao.

Anyway, I've seen the DHL balloon hovering over my head many many times when I'm around Bugis area and have always wanted to relive tht lil fantasy I had from my childhood, but find it too expensive to pay $20 over for a 10 mins ride up. (tickets are priced at $23 (adult), $13 (child) and $2 (toddler))

So when Yao's cousin mentioned he have a pair of free ticket to the DHL balloon and asked if we were interested. (The same cousin who got us tickets to the first Singapore Idol Finals as well as the Greese Musical.) , we jumped at the opportunity and took the FREEEE tickets!

When we decide to go for the ride afew months back, the flights were cancelled because of the poor weather condition, remember the Haze period? Damn shitty, we had no choice but to put it off until recently Yao reminded me, the tix were only valid till 18th Nov.

So we went down on Saturday. hehee...Last min ah, don't go then no more chance le. Must make full use of tickets what. And it really was quite an experience!

When you're so high up above, everything becomes super small and the night view of Singapore is really very nice! We went there in the evening and miss the 6.50 trip. Think evening surly the view will be nicer. When we went up at around 7.15 the sky has already turn dark, not saying its not nice la, a different view, but no more setting sun for me. hahaa



City Of Blinding Lights

Oh you look so beautiful tonight
In the city of blinding lights

Time...time...time...time...time
Won't leave me as I am
But time won't take the boy out of this man

Oh you look so beautiful tonight
Oh you look so beautiful tonight
Oh you look so beautiful tonight
In the city of blinding lights

The more you know the less you feel
Some pray for others steal
Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel... luckily

-U2-

No comments: