Monday, June 04, 2007

PJ goes back to school.

It's been afew months since I started on my Web course with 3dsense Media School. I think I really enjoy it eh. I'm mid-way through Module 3 now and it's been quite fun actually.

Module 1 was more of a refreshment course, learning the very very basic of web all over again. That was fun but towards the later part of the course, it became boring because I think I know most of the stuff oredi. PLUS, I have a question guru in my class and he have endless questions to ask during every lesson. There are times when I really feel like smacking his face for the stupid questions he ask, but because it is Module 1 (For beginners), so fine, since he has no prior knowledge in the subject, I tried to be patient and wait for the lecturer to reply him, questions after questions.

But very very very very very much to my horror, he took up Module 2 too!!!! :( And yes, he is still asking dumbass questions. Oh my Buddha, I hate that guy! The class is smaller compared to Mod 1, there's only 3 of us now and I find the lesson content very (I'm trying to find the right word here...) insightful. (yes! that's the word) Module 2 is about PHP and mySQL. When I went for my first lesson, I was really lost cause I never do programming before but lesson 2 was much better and I understand better about it now. I'm just very excited with what I can do. Although I haven't really have to time to start on it. *guilty*

Module 3 is about Flash again. Initially I din wana go for module 3 cause I was afraid that I'm not gonna learn what I want and also cause this module is 10 weeks long and its on every Monday. (partly because I'm using up my savings also.) Can you imagine going to class every monday after work? It's Monday blue blue leh! BHoooo....but then again, I am curious also, scared if I dun go I might miss out on something I don't know! Which there probably will be! So contradicting rite? Plus the good news is question Guru is not joining this class.

Anyway, so far I really enjoy the lessons and the lecturer has a very interesting way of teaching us Action Script. He always emphasis on the logic behind the code in stead of writing the code itself. This is good because script we can learn and copy from other places, but logic, you just have to gasp the concept behind it and you can't learn that just by copying scripts. The only scary thing is, he actually 'test' our knowledge behind the scripts. I really regret all those lessons where I nod my head blindly cause when he ask me questions now, I can't answer them!!!!

I have class tonight. But I haven't do my homework yet. bleah....die die die...tonite dunnoe how I will die. I feel like a sec school kid again. Oh and THANKS Dee...for all the information you gave me. I'll try to start on my project when I feel like it. HAHAHAHA!!!

No comments: